Sinclair wants to see its students succeed, and provides many resources for them to do so. One of the many resources available to students is the Tutoring and Learning Center.
The Tutoring and Learning Center is located in the lower level of the library in Building 7, room 07L07. They are open from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday..
The center offers free tutoring services from professional tutors in a variety of subjects and classes. Below is a list of just some of the services this center provides:
- Placement testing support: tutors help students prepare for and pass placement tests for writing, math, etc. through essay prompts, ALEKS math, study guides and more.
- Mathematics Lab: Walk-in tutoring services are available for all MAT classes.
- Writing Lab: tutors are available for walk-in assistance for writing assignments in any course.
- Individual tutoring: Individualized help specific to a students needs. Register online or in person.
- Study groups: Study and review certain subjects with a professional tutor in a small group setting.
- The center also offers tutoring for Biology, Economics, and Accounting classes.
Sinclair also offers eTutoring for students that might not be able to make it to campus. They can submit papers for review and critique, ask questions and make audio or video calls to tutors online. There are also many handouts and worksheets available online on certain math topics, overcoming test anxiety and more.
The Tutoring and Learning Center is a resource available to students for academic support. For more information, contact the center at 937-512-2792 or at their email, firstname.lastname@example.org.